Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Let Him Speak for Himself

Some select quotes from Woodward's... well, paralogical is maybe the nices way I can put it... well, blatant self-serving and dishonest statement; the new Judy speaks for himself:

"Fitzgerald asked for my impression about the context in which Mrs. Wilson was mentioned. I testified that the reference seemed to me to be casual and offhand, and that it did not appear to me to be either classified or sensitive. I testified that according to my understanding an analyst in the CIA is not normally an undercover position."

The astute top editor of one of the nation's most influential newspapers; scary....

"I testified that on June 20, 2003, I interviewed a second administration official for my book "Plan of Attack" and that one of the lists of questions I believe I brought to the interview included on a single line the phrase "Joe Wilson's wife." I testified that I have no recollection of asking about her, and that the tape-recorded interview contains no indication that the subject arose."

And why would he raise the subject?

"I also testified that I had a conversation with a third person on June 23, 2003. The person was I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, and we talked on the phone. I told him I was sending to him an 18-page list of questions I wanted to ask Vice President Cheney. On page 5 of that list there was a question about "yellowcake" and the October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate regarding Iraq's weapons programs. I testified that I believed I had both the 18-page question list and the question list from the June 20 interview with the phrase "Joe Wilson's wife" on my desk during this discussion. I testified that I have no recollection that Wilson or his wife was discussed, and I have no notes of the conversation."

No notes? Writing a book (and keeping info away from Post readers to save for the best-seller) and doesn't take notes? We're supposed to beleive this? Or in true wingnut journalist fashion he simply has contempt for his readers and their interest in, like, knowing things? And he's a top editor at the paper??

"My notes do not include all the questions I asked, but I testified that if Libby had said anything on the subject, I would have recorded it in my notes."

Really?

The great thing about modern, informed journalism is that you can read a byline and know whether it pays to read the article or listen to the broadcast.

Woodward: of no journalistic importance other than as a best-selling water carrier for the GOP.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Web Counter
Website Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?